Saturday, April 22, 2017

Spring Break 2k17

Even though I didn't leave the Tennessee area, spring break was definitely an adventure.

My grandma was suppose to fly in with my cousin to Nashville on Friday night, but just as they were about to depart for the airport, she got a phone call saying that their flight was cancelled. The next couple days were spent in uncertainty, until grandma found a flight down on Sunday night with a return flight on Thursday.

On Monday we went to iHop for breakfast (per grandma's request) before heading to Nashville.  Our first stop in Nash was the Opry Mills mall.  We meandered through there for awhile before going to the theater in the mall to see Beauty and the Beast.  We watched the movie in the iMax theater. It was expensive, but it was worth it! SO GOOD! We left the mall just in time for the storms to start.  It rained pretty heavily the first part of the trip home, I nearly had to pull off the road the visibility was so bad.  Once we got home we relaxed for a bit before going to Liberty Park Grill for dinner.  I ordered the fish and chips on a limb (I have NEVER ordered sea food before. EVER.)  IT WAS SO DELICIOUSLY AMAZING.  I can't think of the proper adjectives to describe my fish and the asparagus but I would highly highly highly recommend it.

On Tuesday the weather was still rainy so we decided to hang around C-ville.  I took grandma to the mall and to Old Chicago for lunch (she had never been there before and was very satisfied with her pizza).  We did a little more shopping before heading home to relax.

We headed back to Nash on Wednesday to check out Cheekwood Botanical Gardens.  I'd only been there once before, but it was in June, so the gardens looked different than they do in the Spring.  The trees weren't really in bloom but there were tulips everywhere.  We even took a little hike through the sculpture garden (during which my brand new flip flop broke...grrrr...).

After the gardens we headed back to Opry Mills to grab lunch at the Aquarium Restaurant that we had been admiring earlier in the week.  I had a chicken wrap which I personally did not think was worth the money, but I think grandma enjoyed hers.  With full tummy's we headed to Antique Archeology, the American Picker's shop in Nashville, which we followed up with desert at the newly located Soda Parlor before returning home.

Aquarium Restaurant

Antique Archeology

The Soda Parlor
Thursday morning we enjoyed a meal at our beloved Cracker Barrel before I took grandma to the airport and headed back down to Alabama before the storms returned.

Thursday afternoon and Friday were days of relaxation and grad school work before another adventure on Saturday.  Carl and I got up early Saturday morning to gear up and head to Chattanooga on the motorcycle.

After a chilly 2 hour trip, we met Hannahlea and John at the Tennessee Aquarium.  We bought our tickets and after realizing that none of us had eaten breakfast, we went to The Hair of the Dog Pub before actually visiting the aquarium.  Food was good and prices were affordable.  I had chicken strips and fries with gravy (get the chicken, DO NOT get the gravy!)

The aquarium is split into two buildings, fresh water and salt water.  The fresh water building was HUGE and took us nearly two hours to go through.  It was really neat to see all the creatures that roam the rivers.  The salt water building was kind of disappointing.  It only took about 30 minutes to get through, and didn't have as many colorful fish as I had hoped for.  I did enjoy the large assortment of jellyfish however.

After the aquarium we headed back to HL's house to hang out before dinner.  Of course we had to have tacos for dinner, so we dined at Amigos Mexican Restaurant.  I had the chicken tacos and they were very yummy!

Blurry pic, but still good food!
After stopping at Krispy Kreme's on Sunday morning, Carl and I headed home to get some yardwork done before I had to head back to TN.

No comments:

Post a Comment